Disclosure: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Looking for an indoor heater to keep your boat warm and cozy during the colder months? Then, you must be curious to know what the best diesel heater for boat must be like!
Did you know assembling and repairing a boat heater is difficult and complex? However, some of the brands on this list have made sure assembly and installation are easy when it comes to these essential winter devices.
Although some people like their customized heaters, you don’t have to make things that hard! Yes, these boat heaters will make cruising in winter the best form of vacation. Want to know more about them? Let’s start reading!
Best 3 Products from the List
If you don’t want to go through the reviews, and just want to have a quick look at the 3 best diesel heaters, follow the links provided below:
- Eberspacher Boat Heater [Most Functional Choice]
- Superfastracing Diesel Air Heater for Boat [Most Fuel Efficient Choice]
- Tuningsworld Diesel Parking Heater for Boats [Most Durable Choice]
Those are our choice for top 7 Diesel Heater For Boat here:
- Superfastracing 2KW 12V Diesel Air Heater For Boat [Most Fuel Efficient Choice]
- Happybuy 5KW 10L Tank Air Diesel Heater For Boat [Affordable Choice]
- maXpeedingrods 12V 5KW All-in-One Air Diesel Heater For Boat [Chinese Heater]
- Tseipoaoi Diesel Boat Heaters [Satisfactory Heater]
- VEVOR 8 KW 12V Boat Heater [Energy Savings Heater]
- Tuningsworld Diesel Parking Heater For Boats [Most Durable Choice]
- Eberspacher Boat Heater [Most Functional Choice]
Note: If you have the budget and you are willing to invest in a high-quality diesel heaters.
- Planar Diesel Air Heater 4kW [Lithium Metal batteries required]
- Planar Diesel Air heater 2 kW [same as Webasto,Espar]
7 Best Diesel Heater For Boat Comparison Table:
|Superfastracing Diesel Air Heater For Boat||18.5 x 17.52 x 11.22 inches.||15.63 pounds||Check Price|
|Happybuy Air Diesel Heater For Boat||18.11 x 17.72 x 10.24 inches.||20.8 pounds||Check Price|
|maXpeedingrods Air Diesel Heater For Boat||18.7 x 17.13 x 10.63 inches.||16.63 pounds||Check Price|
|Tseipoaoi Diesel Boat Heater||18 x 18 x 11 inches.||15.57 pounds||Check Price|
|VEVOR Boat Heater||18.5 x 17.7 x 10.2 inches.||16 pounds.||Check Price|
|Tuningsworld Diesel Parking Heater for Boats||18.5 x 17.72 x 10.63 inches.||17.77 pounds||Check Price|
|Eberspacher Boat Heater||21.5 x 14.9 x 8.4 inches.||17.16 pounds||Check Price|
Note: All right, I researched each of the boat diesel heater products based on their feature-rich specifications. And, thus, I have also brought this list of the best diesel heater that can meet your requirement.
So, no more waiting! Just read our top to bottom reviews of each diesel heater product and choose your desired one.
Product Reviews: Best Diesel Heaters for Boat
Deciding to buy the best diesel boat heaters is no joke. If you get the wrong one, you may have to spend more on maintenance, repair, and even fire hazards!
Therefore, read thoroughly to get a literate experience on which one you should pick. Mind you, they are all good!
1. Superfastracing Diesel Air Heater for Boat Review:
Superfastracing diesel marine heater is very simple and easy to install for your boat. Fuel consumption is low, so you can save a lot of money during winter. Besides, the device won’t take more than 20 minutes to roast the space!
You may find the fuel pump to be a bit too noisy. Also, if you change the temperature suddenly, the device takes time to settle to the new adjustment.
A word of caution for everybody. Sometimes, the device may emit smoke upon startup. You should have a carbon monoxide alarm set in your boat if you are getting a diesel cabin heater like this. It’s always better to be safe than sorry!
If you are more interested in this product and want to know its latest price, just click here!
- It weighs 15.63 pounds and the package should measure around 18.5 in length, 17.52 in width, and 11.22 inches in height.
- This device runs on a power of 12 volts at 2 kilowatts. It uses the least amount of electricity to produce the maximum amount of heat.
- At full blast, the heater can pull 3.5 to 3.7 amp.
- It produces plenty of heat for any type of space.
- The wiring harness is simple and well made.
- This heater is a very economical choice.
- It doesn’t include a T-connector to connect the 2 heater duct hoses.
- Fitting the exhaust pipe out of the transom is a challenge.
2. Happybuy Air Diesel Heater for Boat Review:
Considering the price, power, and fuel consumption, Habbybuy heater is quite a catch!
However, the installation process for this small diesel heater for boat may be tricky. But there are a number of videos on YouTube and Facebook Chinese heaters group that can help you.
Unlike some marine heaters for boats, this one is quiet. I would say it’s cheaper and safer to run for the long haul.
Additionally, you may want to put a quick disconnect on the tanks to avoid spilling diesel onto your boat. The small diameter of the fuel line produces enough pressure and helps to remove bubbles. Also, have an exhaust wrapping so you can be careful with the exhaust fumes.
Check out the latest price of this diesel heater on the Amazon site.
- It weighs 20.8 pounds and measures about 18.11 in length, 17.72 inches in width, and 10.24 inches in height.
- At an electricity pull of 5 kilowatts, this device runs on 12 volts of power with a diesel capacity of 10 liters.
- This heater is affordable, powerful, and efficient.
- You will be quite comfortable inside your boat with this device even when it’s freezing outside.
- It offers maximum longevity even if you use it every day.
- It comes with a thermostat monitor and remote control.
- Don’t even think about heating the engine with this heater.
- It doesn’t have an auto shut-off feature when the maximum room temperature is reached.
3. maXpeedingrods Air Diesel Heater for Boat review:
This Chinese diesel heater for boat has an LCD thermostat and remote control with a high tank capacity and low consumption rate. Your boat will be nice and cozy within 15 minutes of turning this device on!
You may need to buy a longer stainless steel exhaust depending on your boat’s structure. The exhaust pipe can get very hot, so be careful with that. Get a muffler to reduce the noise as well.
Unfortunately, it gives off a smell when you’re using it for the first time. To avoid it, keep a window or door open, and have a carbon monoxide monitor setup inside the boat.
If you want to know the price of this maXpeedingrods Air Diesel Heater , just click here; this will reach you to the Amazon site.
- Having a weight of 16.63 pounds, this heater has a dimension of 18.7 x 17.13 x 10.63 inches.
- Weight: 16.63 pounds
- This diesel air heater runs on 12 volts of power with 5 kilowatts of electricity. The fuel tank is about 10 liters.
- Included as an upgrade is an LCD thermostat remote control.
- It can get as hot as 250 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Installation guides are readily available.
- It can blow out nice hot air for a very long time.
- Includes a digital remote for temperature control and power on/off.
- The castings are crude.
4. Tseipoaoi Diesel Boat Heater review:
The functionality and control panel of the Tseipoaoi boat heater are good. In order to install it properly, you may have to spend a little more on mounting tools, ducting, better quality exhaust pipe, and insulation material.
You may also find the instruction manual hopeless is poor English and complicated guidance. But, there are a bunch of useful videos on YouTube to help you assemble your heater.
The thing is their customer service team is so responsive, they will fix whatever issues you’re having as soon as possible. Lastly, you won’t be bothered by any bad smell or mess. This diesel heater for jet boat will run smoothly for a very long time without breaking the bank!
To know its latest price, click here.
- The weight of this diesel boat heater is 15.57 pounds and the package dimension is 18 x 18 x 11 inches.
- Just like the heaters before, this one also runs at 12 volts of power using 5 kilowatts of electricity. The tank capacity is 10 liters.
- Fortunately, you get a silencer, a mounting kit, and an LCD remote control with this heater.
- The heat output of this heater is incredible.
- Its affordability and efficiency are satisfactory.
- You can enjoy the excellent customer support of the company.
- It uses less fuel, minimizing carbon emissions.
- You may find the noise annoying.
- The mounting plate may get too hot after prolonged use.
5. VEVOR Boat Heater review:
Setting up this portable heater for boat is overall a piece of cake, unlike some. In fact, you don’t have to go through the trouble of additional adjustments.
Unless you want to modify the heater for personal reasons, its functionality and efficiency are top-notch. Also to let you know that this heater is compatible with the third-party Afterburner heater control unit.
On the downside, there is no auto shut-off feature. It also needs a good separation for intake and exhaust for combustion. I would suggest taking the help of an expert for further modifications.
If you are interested to know its latest price, click here, it will take you to the Amazon site.
- VEVOR boat heater arrives at your doorstep with a package that measures 18.5 in length, 17.7 inches in width, and 10.2 inches in height. The overall weight is around 16 pounds.
- It’s able to produce 12 volts of power with 5 kilowatts of electricity.
- It also comes with an LCD remote control for ease of use and functionality.
- You receive a complete heater without additional modifications.
- Fuel consumption is low and saves lots of energy.
- The heat output of this heater is excellent.
- With a long warranty, you can use it as long as possible.
- Installing the device is hard without YouTube tutorials.
- The circular clamps provided are of poor quality.
6. Tuningsworld Diesel Parking Heater for Boats review:
This baby will keep your boat toasty warm when it’s freezing cold outside. It also doesn’t need extra modifications because you get everything you need in the purchase.
Upon startup of the diesel heater, you may notice some smoke from the diesel. But that should stop after 20 minutes, and you will have clean and warm air.
Even though there is a remote control, it needs to be programmed by taking help from YouTube videos. The instructions provided in English are quite difficult to understand, to be honest.
A piece of advice. If the keychain remote is not working for you, just press and hold the arrow up. When you get to mode HFA, click ‘done’. Things will start working out!
- Weighing at 17.77 pounds, this diesel heater comes with a length of 18.5, a width of 17.72, and a height of 10.63 inches.
- Similar to the other heaters on this list, this device also works at 12 volts with 5 kilowatts of electricity.
- The LCD remote control with app user interface, silencer, altitude detector, and temperature adjuster, and self-cleaning attributes make it a worthwhile investment.
- It can be wall-mounted and installed horizontally.
- The device can pull about 120 watts on the first startup.
- It comes with everything needed so you don’t need to seek additional tools.
- Utilizes a small amount of fuel and runs for a very long time.
- Fireproofing the surrounding area is necessary.
- The English instruction manual is difficult to comprehend
7. Eberspacher Boat Heater review:
This Eberspacher marine diesel heater is small but very intuitive. Once installed and running, you will not be disappointed by it. A bonus point is that it reads in Farehnheit, unlike other boat heaters.
You may find that some of the components included in the purchase are unnecessary. But you can keep them for future use. If you’re not worried about manually pinning 3 electrical parts, this heater is for you.
Additionally, the battery drainage and fuel consumption are super low. Not only can you keep it running for a very long time, but it also dehumidifies the windows.
Check out the latest price of this Eberspacher marine diesel heater on the Amazon site.
- This device measures 21.5 inches in length, 14.9 inches in width, and 8.4 inches in height.
- Having a weight of 17.16 pounds, it uses 12 volts of power and 2.2 kilowatts of energy to produce even heat throughout the enclosure.
- Additional goodies that come within the package are a fault diagnostic feature, an altitude detector and adjustor, a timer, and a mounting plate.
- It can produce comfortable heat to keep your boat warm.
- The electrical connections are easy to set up.
- Its control panel adjusts to fuel consumption based on altitude.
- Its pump is also silent and gives you peace of mind.
- You may find it a little noisy.
- It takes some time to learn the control interface.
Are You Looking For?
Best Handheld VHF Marine Radio [Click Here]
Best Life Vest For Boating [Click Here]
Best Center Console Boat Cover [Click Here]
Best Budget Fish Finder [Click Here]
Best Boat Battery Charger [Click Here]
Best Boat Fresh Water Pump [Click Here]
Best Marine Radio With Bluetooth [Click Here]
Best Boat Trailer Guides [Click Here]
So, what are the features that you should look for in the best diesel heater for boats? Scroll down to get an idea!
Generally, a Chinese diesel heater is made of 304 stainless steel. Since the combustion chamber becomes heated during the operation of the device, stainless steel will keep it from catching fire.
Diesel is likely to catch fire in the presence of air. Therefore, for a marine diesel heater to keep running for hours, the construction of the device must be considered.
Nylon and aluminum are also heat-resistant and durable materials that are used to construct this device. Check if any toxic material has been used to build its inner and outer components. Since it’s producing diesel, you don’t want to poison yourself to death.
A diesel heater should have a temperature control system that can be manipulated either manually or with a digital remote.
When you run the device at low temperature, it will use less fuel and warm up the room at an even pace. On the contrary, fuel consumption is higher and the chance of overheating increases when it’s running at a high temperature.
For safety measures, keep a fire extinguisher, fire alarm, and carbon monoxide detector on the boat to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Ventilate the enclosure well for the same reason.
Number of BTUs
You should calculate the volume of the enclosure before getting a diesel heater for your boat. Ideally, a good boat heater must be able to produce 90 to 180 BTUs per cubic meter of space.
If the specifications are not given, just multiply the watts of the diesel air heater by 3.4 to find out its BTUs.
You don’t want to have an indoor diesel heater if it’s noisy. The last thing you want is the sound of fans spinning when you’re deeply asleep. For that reason, most diesel heaters in this article come with mufflers to prevent noise.
Rest assured, all the heaters I have reviewed here are capable of spreading heat evenly into the enclosure. It provides comfort in the colder days and also dehumidifies glass windows.
To find out the heat output level of a diesel heater, check its power and current units. A good diesel heater should have a power of 12V at 5 kilowatts.
On top of buying a boat heater with high heat output, also consider insulating the boat with closed-cell foam and foil barrier. It will prevent cold air from coming inside the chamber and stop warm air from leaving. It also helps mold and mildew from not forming inside the enclosure.
There is a number of options to choose from when it comes to its pricing. The Chinese diesel heaters are cheaper than European heaters. However, the functionality, ease of use, and heat output of the devices can’t be judged by their costs.
I’m content to say that my carefully chosen list of diesel heaters is all friendly on fuel consumption. Since diesel is the core element, it burns slowly, producing maximum heat output, and lasts a long time.
The diesel heaters for boats with the most efficient fuel consumption system are Eberspacher, Tuningsworld, and VEVOR.
Frequently Asked Questions
Since it involves a diesel heater, a very technical device, you are sure to have a bunch of questions. Yes, I get it. So, here are a few of them answered.
- Are Chinese diesel heaters safe?
Most Chinese diesel heaters are made from lower-quality materials and are usually not as safe as standard quality boat heaters. However, there are people who love and buy these Chinese diesel heaters without reporting any issue.
These devices also produce less carbon monoxide than their gasoline counterparts. Because they run on diesel, you can keep them on at night and sleep without worry. But if your Chinese diesel heater doesn’t include an auto shut-off feature, don’t fall asleep with it turned on!
- How efficient is a diesel heater?
A diesel heater is one of the most efficient options to consider. It only consumes about 0.11 to 0.51 liters of diesel per hour.
These heaters can warm up the room in only 30 minutes. Some can even do so quicker! They are economical, easily obtainable, and produce slow and steady heat for even temperatures everywhere.
Fuel consumption of a diesel heater can vary depending on the altitude, ambient temperature, and construction quality of the heater. Typically, it will be using about 100 ml of diesel per kilowatt.
- How much electricity does a diesel heater use?
When you’re just starting the diesel heater or shutting it down, it pulls upto 11.5 amperes of current at 12 volts. That is why the running cost of a diesel heater is sometimes considered insignificant.
It usually sources electricity from the boat’s diesel tank, power source, or battery. The electricity that it pulls from the power source is to run the fan and thermostatic controls.
- Can you mount a Chinese diesel heater on its side?
If you mount a Chinese diesel heater on its side, the fuel may leak from the glow plug. If you’re considering it to be mounted on its side, know that it’s dangerous.
The boat heaters on my list are small. Hence, you should not have the problem of a lack of space. You can get just mount them upright (the way it’s supposed to be).
- Can I mount the diesel heater vertically?
When a diesel heater that is supposed to be mounted upright is mounted vertically, you may experience some problems, including diesel leaking.
Unless you’re a professional heater technician, you shouldn’t even attempt to do something abnormal and dangerous. Just stick to the rules, please!
So, what did you think of all the diesel heaters I thought are ranking well in the market? Did you find something that you like?
Your opinion may differ from mine. But in my opinion, Eberspacher Boat Heater is the overall best diesel heater for boat. It’s fuel-efficient, has an altitude detector, uses less energy, has a fault diagnostic feature, and a timer!
In all, that is all for now. I hope you take care till my next review!